Last Updated August 1, 2014
GoodSearch collects limited non-personally identifying information and records information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, the date and time of your query, GoodSearch cookie information, software and hardware attributes, and the page you request. We use this information to operate, develop and improve our services.
The GoodSearch Search Engine and GoodShop Mall do not require any personally identifiable information.
However, if you opt to register and set up a personal account on GoodSearch, you will be asked to provide certain personally identifiable information. Your personally identifiable information is used to set up your GoodSearch account and to create your profile. Information on your profile is limited to your name, the organizations and causes you support, your actions, your amount raised and your list of friends; it does not include any other personally identifiable information such as your email or home address. By default, access to your profile is made public.
Even if you do not create a Goodsearch account, you may be required to provide personal information in order to use the following services:
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
GoodSearch does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- The following services offered through our Website are provided in conjunction with non-affiliated parties, and your personal information will be shared with and used by such parties in accordance with their respective privacy policies:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with GoodSearch under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help GoodSearch communicate with you about offers from GoodSearch and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
GoodSearch displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria—for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- GoodSearch does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- GoodSearch advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
GoodSearch works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business.
GoodSearch may set and access GoodSearch cookies on your computer.
Goodsearch may also use a Double-Click cookie to access non personally identifiable information via Google Analytics, such as Demographics and Interest Reporting. You can opt out of Google Analytics tracking for all websites by clicking here You can learn more about Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting here
GoodSearch lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to GoodSearch's cookies.
You can edit or delete your nonprofit's account information and your email preferences, at any time.
New categories of marketing communications might be added from time to time. Users can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the GoodSearch service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the GoodSearch Newsletter, that are considered part of your GoodSearch account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
GoodSearch may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by placing a prominent notice on our site.
c/o GoodSearch, LLC
P.O. Box 492176
Los Angeles, CA 90049