The YWCA Monterey County creates and provides comprehensive long-term solutions to end domestic violence and prejudice, while promoting emotionally and economically healthy women and families. The YWCA Monterey County has been committed to ending violence, providing refuge and empowering women in our community since 1972.
The YWCA Monterey County has been the lead agency in Monterey County serving victims of domestic violence and their children for over 30 years. We operate
• the only confidentially located shelter for women and their children escaping domestic violence in the county
• a multi-site counseling center utilizing a sliding-scale fee structure to individuals and families
• educational outreach in the school system
• a 24-hour domestic violence crisis line
• a legal advocacy program that provides restraining order assistance along with court accompaniment to our fellow community members