The Woodstock School of Art was founded in 1968 by and for visual artists. Its mission is to provide instruction in drawing, painting, sculpture and printmaking, and to take part in allied activities for the benefit of the community, and to preserve its buildings as an art school. The school’s Historic Landmark Buildings were constructed in 1939 as a crafts training center for the National Youth Administration. The 38 acre property later became the Summer School of the Art Students League, and eventually the Woodstock School of Art. The site has always been used for the instruction of the arts, and has utilized the teaching skills of the many artists and craftsmen in the Woodstock area. The gallery and classrooms are open year-round, and students of all ages and backgrounds are welcome to enroll. There are no entrance requirements, and students may register at any time.