The objectives of the rescue are:
• To rescue purebred bloodhounds through shelters, owner surrender, abandonment, etc. To provide shelter, veterinary care, and a stable, secure, loving environment for homeless bloodhounds until a permanent home can be found. In extreme cases, any bloodhound deemed non-salvageable by qualified veterinary opinion, would be humanely euthanized to terminate his suffering.
• To educate the public about the bloodhound breed and the responsibilities
involved in owning a bloodhound.
• To educate the public about responsible pet ownership in general
• To engage in social and recreational activities designed to stimulate and promote interest in the bloodhound breed and the rescue of purebred bloodhounds.
• To promote and encourage the use of bloodhounds in Search & Rescue and Therapy.