The Talking Farm is a nonprofit organization seeking to establish a local urban farm and environmental learning center that grows organic produce for local distribution, teaches agriculture, food production and beneficial entrepreneurship, and through a working model, fosters conversations about how we can create a healthier and sustainable food system. Its vision includes both a physical space to grow food for sale to the community, as well as the educational and knowledge-sharing activities that emerge from the operations of an urban, organic farm dedicated to establishing sustainable food security for the Evanston community.
• Know Where Your Food Comes From
• Celebrate Earth’s Bounty with the Freshest, LOCAL and Organic Ingredients
• Support a Sustainable Local Economy and Healthy Food System
• Nurture Strong Community Connections
• Create a Healthy, Safe and ‘Green’ Evanston
• Help Shape Evanston’s Food and Environmental Future