St. Mary's Catholic School is the oldest continuous Catholic School in North Central Texas, founded by Father Pierre Levy in 1891 following his founding of St. Mary's Parish in 1879. The School Sisters of Notre Dame began service to the school in 1902. The elementary school was built in 1948 and has undergone major, renovation and expansion in 1978 and 1984. A new Centennial Center was built and dedicated in 1991, the same year St. Mary's School celebrated its 100th anniversary of existence. Today, St. Mary's is proud to be educating over 150 students ranging from pre-kindergarten three-year-olds through eighth grade.