139 North Fourth Street
Emmaus, PA 18049
St. John’s Church history dates from January 1, 1876, when 60 people of the Emmaus community gathered at the then established Moravian Church to organize as St. John’s Reformed Church. On November 12, 1882, in union with St. John’s Lutheran Church, the first church building was dedicated at Third and Green Streets. That union church relationship continued for almost 42 years. On May 24, 1924, St. John’s Church dedicated a large gothic structure at North and Fourth Streets and the union with St. John’s Lutheran congregation was dissolved. The beauty and grandeur of the new building then as well as today makes possible a setting for meaningful worship of Almighty God. Moreover, on July 10, 1927, bell chimes were installed in the belfry and dedicated to call forth the people for worship.
Children & Youth, Community, Volunteerism & Philanthropy, Education – Preschool, Education – Other, Religion & Spiritual