PO Box 22199
Barrigada, GU 96921
On Sep. 1949 St. Francis Catholic School opened its doors with an enrollment of 301 students. The School was established after the arrival of 7 School Sisters of Notre Dame to Guam. The original buildings were Quonset huts in Yona village by the old ball field. Its mission is to provide academic learning in a Catholic environment. The charism of Blessed Theresa Gerhardinger, the Foundress of the School Sisters of Notre Dame and St. Francis of Assisi are integrated into the curriculum. At the opening of the School in Aug. 1958, classes from Kinder to 10th grade had an enrollment of 1100 students. On Dec. 16, 1997, Typhoon Paka completely destroyed the main campus structures except for the admin building which was later gutted by fire in Nov. 1999. Through Federal assistance, funding for a temporary school site was made available.
Children & Youth, Education – K-12, Religion & Spiritual