Building futures...Changing Lives.
* St. Elizabeth Shelter was founded in 1986 by an interfaith group of citizens in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
* The Shelter serves over 1,000 homeless individuals and families each year at five locations.
* People of all ages, origins, and histories can become homeless: nearly 100 children arrive with their families at St. E's every year, and nearly 100 men and women over age 55 - some in their 70s and 80s - take shelter every year.
* Every year, St. E's provides over 38,000 nights of shelter, 30,000 meals and 20,000 units of case management assistance, with referrals to medical care, employment assistance, and benefits.
* The need for shelter and services is greater than the supply of available beds: in 2004, St. E's had to deny shelter nearly 800 times, in 2005, 1,000 times.