200 S Oak Park Ave
Oak Park , IL 60302
St. Edmund School in Oak Park is a 15th century French Gothic design, a copy of the Palace of Justice in Rouen, France, was also designed by Henry Schlacks. This was opened in the Fall of 1917 and staffed by the Dominican Sisters from Adrian, Michigan. An annex to the school was completed in 1948. A modern addition to the south of the building was opened in 1959.
In 1929 the parish bought the home of W.G. Lloyd at the SW comer of Euclid and Pleasant to be used as a convent. Architecturally significant, the building is thought to be designed by George Maher, the architect who designed "Pleasant Home" in Mills Park. This is the oldest Catholic school in Oak Park.
Education – K-12