496 Western Highway
Blauvelt, NY 10913
The Sisters of Saint Dominic of Blauvelt, New York were established in 1878 to care for orphaned children.
We are actively involved in education at all levels including colleges, high schools, grammar schools; and special education programs for the blind and multi-handicapped. Our ministries include social service programs for the developmentally disabled, services for foster children including adoption services, programs for migrant children, shelters for homeless adults and children, housing services for persons with HIV/AIDS, programs for the mentally ill and chemically addicted, health care services for the poor, community outreach programs that provide advocacy, ESL, literacy, and job training, social justice activities, catechetical programs; retreat work, pastoral work in parishes and hospitals, and prayer ministry.