The mission of Read Aloud Nebraska is:
- Promoting healthy, successful children and families through reading aloud
- Fostering school and community efforts that develop lifelong readers
We believe that literacy is essential to the growth and success of every child. Reading aloud to children a minimum of 20 minutes per day will improve their vocabulary and develop positive attitudes toward reading and learning. Reading provides a way to connect with children from every spectrum of our society.
Read Aloud Nebraska
- Develops informational materials to inform parents and caregivers about the benefits of reading aloud to children.
- Assists schools and communities with read aloud projects.
- Sponsors Nebraska's Read Aloud to a Child month.
- Hosts workshops and presentations for parents, caregivers and the educational community.