The Phoenix Landing Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, all-volunteer organization that was established to promote and protect the welfare of parrots, especially those with an extensive lifespan. Phoenix Landing provides for parrots in need and acts as advocates for those without protection.
Phoenix Landing's objectives are to:
* Provide educational activities regarding the care and needs of parrots;
* Provide a permanent home for large parrots who outlive their guardians;
* Facilitate adoption for parrots who need a new family;
* Provide refuge for abused, neglected or abandoned parrots;
* Sponsor research of wild habitats and natural parrot behaviors;
* Sponsor better avian education for vets and vet students; and
* Advocate standards of care for breeders, pet stores, sanctuaries, and rescues.