170 Kenwood Avenue
Oneida, NY 13421
The 93,000 square foot Oneida Community Mansion House was the home of the 19th century utopian Oneida Community, founded in 1848 by John Humphrey Noyes as a communitarian experiment. Although growing to more than 300 members, the group disbanded in 1881 and formed the joint stock company, Oneida Community Ltd, world famous for the flatware they produced at their Sherrill plant.
A non-profit organization chartered in 1987 by the New York State Board of Regents oversees this magnificent National Historic Landmark. Continually inhabited since 1862, the Mansion House features a museum with exhibits and tours, 35 residential apartments, nine guestrooms, and may be rented for weddings, and other special events.