NotJustSkin is a group of scientists, medical practitioners, other professionals, and knowledgeable lay-persons with the shared vision of a warmer start to life.
The extensive mission of NotJustSkin.org is to address the information gaps, the social pressures, and the human rights issues around childbirth and early childhood.
Through articles and workshops, we provide information about and encouragement for practices that bring parents and children closer and encourage positive bonds between them. Our goals include:
• Eliminating oppressions (the -isms)
• Avoiding detrimental medical interventions
• Looking openly at social constructions
• Encouraging family and community bonds
• Empowering warmer human relationships
• Being informed about all choices