Non-profit association promoting quality end of life care for all Missourians. PURPOSE
• Promote the hospice concept of care for terminally ill patients and their families;
• Promote an understanding among health care professionals of the needs and resources available to the terminally ill patient and family;
• Promote communication among existing hospice programs and developing programs within Missouri and at the regional and national levels of the National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization;
• Promote improved health care legislation, regulation of standards for hospice care at all governmental levels and responsive reimbursement plans;
• Promote education for the general public pertinent to the hospice concept; and to promote research in the field of hospice care.