Upon completion of the program, the graduate of the Marion County School of Practical Nursing should be able to:
1. use critical thinking to assist with assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating the needs of all persons across the lifespan.
2. demonstrate the ability to communicate and interact effectively and appropriately.
3. demonstrate ethical and professional behaviors as evidenced by his/her life as a nurse.
4. utilize the knowledge and skills necessary to make decisions regarding the management of nursing care.
5. participate in life-long learning, as evidenced by pursuit of informal and/or formal education, etc.
6. provide evidenced-based, clinically competent, culturally sensitive nursing care for all persons across the lifespan.
7. become licensed to practice nursing and practice within the legal boundaries as a licensed practical nurse.