"Lawrence Dale Bell High School was opened in 1957 on a site donated to the school district by the late Larry Bell, Founder and President of Bell Helicopter Textron in Hurst.
Rapid student growth and academic excellence have been the cornerstone of Bell High School for forty years. L. D. Bell has earned state and national recognition in academics, athletics, fine arts, and leadership fields. Those numerous honors culminated in the recognition of Bell as a National Blue Ribbon School for 1994-96. The academic excellence that characterizes our school is supported by national and state recognition of our Student Council, our award winning Band and Choir programs, and athletic success.
Our motto, "We do not imitate but are a model for others" exemplifies our mission and our spirit."