P.O. Box 842
Sonoita, AZ 85637
The Empire Ranch Foundation is a non-profit volunteer organization that was established in 1997. Acting in cooperation with the Bureau of Land Management, the purpose of the Foundation is to protect, restore and sustain the Empire Ranch historical buildings and landscape as an outstanding western heritage and education center.
The Empire Ranch House is a 22-room adobe and wood frame building which dates to 1870 and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The ranch sits at the heart of the 42,000-acre Las Cienegas National Conservation Area, on public lands acquired and administered since 1988 by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Tucson Office.
Community, Volunteerism & Philanthropy, Education – K-12