25300 Dana Point Harbor Drive
Dana Point, CA 92629
Created 1982 in CA as a non-profit organization. Registered California charity #47193, and is a tax-exempt under 501(c)(3) organization. Created with the following objectives:
1) Promote the educational and interpretive activities of the State Park System at Doheny State Beach.
2) Make available suitable interpretive and educational materials, including maps, books, pamphlets, visuals and recordings.
3) Acquire display materials pertaining to the history of the area and add them to the interpretive collections of the State Park System.
4) Develop and maintain a park library for Doheny State Beach.
5) Assist in development and improvement of interpretive facilities and programs.
Funded by membership fees and donations, supports a Visitors’ Center with aquariums, a functional indoor tide pool, and an array of wildlife/ marine life displays. Also supports interpretive programs such as Junior Rangers, campfire programs, Grunion Night, nature walks, beach clean ups, and more.
Education – Other