5830 Field Street
Detroit, MI 48213
Communities In Schools of Detroit champions the connection of needed community resources with schools to help young people successfully learn,
stay in school, and prepare for life.
Five basic principles guide all CIS activity:
Every child needs and deserves
• A one-on-one relationship with a caring adult;
• A safe place to learn and grow;
• A marketable skill to use upon graduation;
• A healthy start and a healthy future;
• A chance to give back to peers and community.
Community, Volunteerism & Philanthropy, Education – K-12