The nonprofit Circle X Foundation was formed (the Exchange Club icon was an encircled C and X) to manage the land; it was dubbed Circle X Ranch. In 1951, the ranch was leased to the Boy Scouts of America for 99 years at an annual rate of $1. Monetary donations and property contributions added to the acreage for years to come until March 1987, when the Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority bought it. The group in turn sold it to the National Park Service in 1989.
The Circle X Ranch Foundation has a purpose or mission statement: "Having fun, raising funds to support Scout camping in the Los Angeles Area Council, Boy Scouts of America"