The Church of the Annunciation was the first Orthodox Parish established in Rhode Island. It was founded by Greek immigrants in 1905 in Providence who rented various buildings for worship until 1920 when they erected their first church building at 265 Pine St. There were 127 families at that time. In the 1960's the parish had grown to over 300 families. Property at 175 Oaklawn Avenue, Cranston, RI was purchased and a new church edifice erected. The first Divine Liturgy was served in March 1968.
Today our parish consists of over 600 families spread throughout the greater portion of the state. We are a parish of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America under the jurisdiction of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople.