Founded in 1920, Catholic Central is a four year, parochial, co-ed high school committed to providing a Catholic, value-based education. In 1974, due to a growing enrollment from surrounding communities, the Board expanded to include representatives from other parishes. In 1984, this was formalized into an association of 13 member parishes. In 1989, the name of the school was changed to Catholic Central High School to reflect this joint ownership. Four additional parishes have joined the association since 1990, which now numbers 17 member parishes.