CARE Chest of Sierra Nevada is a non-profit agency in Reno, Nevada dedicated to helping low-income, uninsured and underinsured Northern Nevadans with free medical services. Our ongoing programs target specific service gaps in our area with the intention of filling unmet health-related needs among local individuals with no alternative resources for help. As a regular referral source for area hospitals and social service agencies, our medical resource programs are vital components of Northern Nevada’s healthcare system for families in need. The following is a summary of our free ongoing medical resource programs:
• Durable Medical Equipment Program: loans of wheelchairs, walkers, transfer benches, power-operated vehicles, hospital beds, shower chairs, safety grab bars and more.
• Diabetic Program: glucose meters, lancets, test strips and up to $100 annually for insulin and oral diabetes medications.
• Emergency Prescription Program: Adults receive up to $50 annually and children and disabled adults up to $100 annually to fill prescriptions for antibiotics, anti-seizure, cardiac and respiratory medications.
• Liquid Nutrition Program: monthly supplies of instant breakfast and liquid nutrition for medically malnourished individuals, including cancer patients and the elderly.
• Respiratory Program: nebulizers for clients suffering from respiratory infections, asthma, cystic fibrosis and other respiratory conditions.
• Consumables Program: Ostomy supplies, adult diapers, bed pads, lice shampoo, wound care and other consumable medical supplies are available on a monthly basis.
For more info visit www.carechest.org or find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/carechest.