1238 Lincoln Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90401
To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
History: In 1944, thirty Santa Monica civic leaders decided to open a club for boys to provide positive alternatives and keep them off the streets. Thus in 1946, they opened the Boys Club of Santa Monica. By 1958, the Founding Board Members raised enough funds to build and open the Club’s current facility on Lincoln Boulevard. Since then, approximately 150,000 youth have participated in Club programs. On October 16, 1990, the Club announced that it would extend its services to include girls and became the Boys & Girls Club of Santa Monica. In 1993, the Club expanded its services further by beginning school outreach programs, offering after school activities at school sites throughout Santa Monica.
Arts & Culture, Children & Youth, Community, Volunteerism & Philanthropy, Education – Other, Environment, Health & Disease, Sports & Recreation