The overall mission of the Be Proud Foundation is to provide experiential learning opportunities for youth targeted at exposing their thinking errors, misconceptions and gaps in knowledge thereby increasing their chances for a successful life. This includes activities such as:
• Providing youth development programs that encourage logical thinking and good citizenship;
• Providing community-based alternative programs and services to truants & youth offenders;
• Preventing neglect, abuse and exploitation of children and promoting, supporting, and encouraging the physical, mental, and overall well being of all clients in our programs;
• Helping youth directly or through referrals to overcome problems that could result in dependency, delinquency, poverty, and an inability to reach their full potential; and
• Preparing youth for entry into the labor force and to provide training to those economically disadvantaged individuals facing serious barriers to employment.