300 N. Latch's Lane
Merion, PA 19066
The Barnes Foundation was established in 1922 by Dr. Albert C. Barnes to “promote the advancement of education and the appreciation of the fine arts.” The Foundation’s collection of French paintings of the Post-Impressionist, and early Modern eras are among the finest in the world. The Barnes is noted for its extraordinary number of masterpieces by Renoir, Cezanne, and Matisse that provide a depth of work by these artists unavailable elsewhere. Works by Picasso, Seurat, Rousseau, Modigliani, Soutine, Monet, Manet, Degas, and Van Gogh are only part of The Foundation’s incredible collection.The Barnes Foundation’s arboretum is as vital an asset to The Foundation as its art collection. It contains a world-class collection of ferns, stewartia, magnolias and lilacs. It is used for the horticulture program and has provided an unparalleled resource for horticultural education for over five decades.