It is the mission and purpose of the AWFNJ to unite all New Jersey animal protection organizations, to exchange ideas and information to work collectively to elevate the standard of care and level of knowledge related to animal welfare in the state of New Jersey.
* To act as a unified voice in supporting animal welfare issues.
* To gather and distribute information and to promote a Federation position on proposed animal welfare legislation.
* To encourage the enforcement of laws that protect animals.
* To develop, promote and sponsor programs of education to encourage better understanding, greater appreciation and better care of all animals.
* To improve animal protection and control services.
* To act as a resource and information center.
* To engage in other activities to encourage and promote kindness and compassion toward animals and the prevention of cruelty to animals.