The Palo Alto Area Chapter, one of over 800 chapters nationwide, was organized in 1898 to serve military personnel in the Spanish-American Was and subsequently expaned its services to the greater community. Today, the full range of services we provide:
* Disaster relief for victims of local, regional and national disasters.
* Health and safety classes such as CPR, first aid and water safety.
* Disaster preparedness education for community groups, corporations, and indviduals.
* Youth services that provide leadership development as well as peer education.
* Volunteer opportunties for students, retirees, and employeed members of the community.