The American College of Apothecaries was founded on May 9, 1940 in Richmond, Virginia. In 1978, the Research & Education Foundation was established, and in 1998 the American College of Veterinary Pharmacists began. The existence of these three separate entities allows for the provision of numerous benefits to the Fellowship and the profession. Our Research & Education Resource Center was founded in 1998 in Bartlett, Tennessee.
The basic purpose of the American College of Apothecaries is the translation and dissemination of knowledge, research data and recent developments in professional pharmacy practice for the benefit of pharmacists, pharmacy students and the public. This is achieved through regular distribution of periodicals, development of major publications and continuing education courses on clinical and administrative topics and conducting educational conferences.