ASK Academy, a volunteer based organization that works to: empower teachers, youth development workers, and business owners in helping schools and surrounding communities: 1) create safe and welcoming environments; and 2) support equitable learning and progressive social justice.
Through ASK’s trainings the Youth Leaders learn:
1. Leadership skills (conflict resolution, non-violent communication, resiliency).
2. Presentation and facilitation skills
3. Multi-media production (video editing, music production)
4. Financial intelligence (FDIC Money Smart Curriculum)
5. Receive group mentoring through classroom presentations and career exploration events at local businesses
6. One-to-one mentoring with a professional in their career interest
Who we serve: youth, mentors, support providers, site administrators, district office personnel, program coordinators, staff developers, teachers, educators, researchers and policy makers.