The Academy of Puppetry and Allied Arts’ purpose is to educate the public with respect to the presentation and performance of puppet arts and to encourage and foster the performance and presentation of puppet arts by:
(1) sponsoring, financing or otherwise promoting puppet shows, which tend not to be self supporting;
(2) establishing, maintaining and providing a theater, school, museum and library for puppet arts, and otherwise providing artistic or aesthetic guidance to the public and puppet artists;
(3) promoting and encouraging awards, scholarships and professional placement of puppet artists;
(4) devising and perpetuating a code of ethics for the puppet arts and teaching thereof; and
(5) promoting, facilitating and encouraging cooperation between puppet arts and the allied arts of music, literature, sculpture and crafts.